Thread: Please identify (1992 Toronto Blue Jays)

Please identify (1992 Toronto Blue Jays)

Please identify.

Please you tube "MLB WS 1992 Game 5 Blue Jays vs Braves." This is where Lyle Lovitt and his big band sang The Star Spangled Banner, and Prairie Orster sang O Canada.

If you go to 14:30 at God keep our land glorious and free, who are the three Jays?

Are they Pat Tabler and Turner Ward?

Who is the guy to the left of the Black gentleman with the shades? I thought he was Paul Molitor, but Molitor didn't join the Jays until 1993.

Respectfully,
    Tim McGee.

Think its Ed Sprague the guy you are looking for. Pat Tabler looks basically the same now just without long hair and older.

Carter, Sprague, Ward and Tabler
    " Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to change” – Frank Lloyd Wright

Thanks Italian and Robert!

How the HECK did I not pick out ED SPRAGUE? He was simply the World Series MVP! Wait, that was Pat Borders, who was MVP. Still....

I was more familiar with Ed Sprague in his MARINERS guise, in 2001, when he started to look like Cal Ripken Jr.!

Respectfully,
    Tim McGee.

Haha, how did I confuse Ed Sprague for Paul Molitor?

I also earlier confused Turner Ward for Jeff Olerud!!

Too used to seeing Olerud and Sprague in Mariners uniform.

It's actually John Olerud, just to keep the record straight.

Blog Entries
    Loved that '92 team. What a roster & pitching rotation.

Don't want to hijack my own thread into one of National Anthems.

But if you watch this video, and look at "O'er the land of the free," take a look at Lyle Lovett's helper singing "Ah ah ah ah ah ah ahhhh....."

And at the end of Prairie Orster's O Canada, look at the Black-American lady from LYLE'S group. At "O Canada, we stand on guard for thee," you can see her (an American) singing O Canada!

Respectfully,
    Tim McGee.

Italian, Robert and others:

Ed Sparag'e was 17-25 home runs in his Blue Jays guise.

Why was he virtually NOTHING with the Mariners? Did age alone drain him?

I didn't realize that Ed Sprague had been an ALL STAR earlier in his career!

Respectfully,
    Tim McGee.

When it comes to patriotic American songs, I like The Stars and Stripes Forever, more than The Star Spangled Banner.

I also like the USA military songs, like Caissons go rolling along, Anchors Aweigh, Semper Pratus, US Air Force and the Marine song.

Some of the better national anthems:

Russia (always at the top)
    Great Britain
    Canada
    France
    Norway

Respectfully,
    Tim McGee.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim McGee View Post
    When it comes to patriotic American songs, I like The Stars and Stripes Forever, more than The Star Spangled Banner.

I also like the USA military songs, like Caissons go rolling along, Anchors Aweigh, Semper Pratus, US Air Force and the Marine song.

Some of the better national anthems:

Russia (always at the top)
    Great Britain
    Canada
    France
    Norway

Respectfully,
    Tim McGee.
    Really? Who gives a flying fuck about patriotic American somgs?

Is John Olerud a Top 10 all time Blue Jay?

For sure, I think Top 15.

Respectfully,
    Tim Mcagee.

Quote Originally Posted by masterblaster View Post
    Really? Who gives a flying fuck about patriotic American somgs?
    If I had MY druthers, I'd rather hear and sing one of those other American Patriotic Songs at Canucks games, than The Star Spangled Banner.

Semper Pratus sounds MUCJ better! Sounds like The Banana Splits Theme Song!

My buddy in Seattle, one time we were in a banquet hall setting things up. Including a microphone. He stood in front of the microphone, and said:

"Oh say....."