Thread: Communication

Communication

I would like to pose a question to the gentlemen on this forum.
    I have formed an opinion about communication with a SP or potential SP. I have observed that the more professional ladies who appear to approach the business as their career seem to be willing to communicate by email or even via their website as well as text or (sometimes) phone. The ladies who are either new to the business or just don't take the same professional approach, and communicate in cryptic text messages only....usually pushing you to book immediately.
    I very much prefer the chance to at least exchange a note or two and see if there might be a connection worth pursuing. I am not your "Babe" as we haven't even met.
    The more reputable ladies mentioned often in this forum generally do it right. I guess that's why they are viewed as a "higher standard". The newcomers could learn from them if they are serious about the profession.
    Thoughts????

Not much to disagree with there, really. A lot of it probably has to do with level of maturity - which isn't always about age of course, but is often related. There are a lot of exceptions of course, but I think what you say is pretty generally true. Another factor might relate to volume of clients. Texting/phone is just a faster medium than email or website interaction, and is easier to manage solely via your phone. So if your goal is to just get a lot of clients over a short period of time, that's probably the default option. I'm not an SP so this is all speculation of course!

Lost in Translation
    With one and two word responses, I lose interest very quickly.

Peace
    MG

Quote Originally Posted by MRGREEN View Post
    With one and two word responses, I lose interest very quickly.

Peace
    MG
    Yep Yvonne comes to mind.

Quote Originally Posted by PegCity newbie View Post
    I would like to pose a question to the gentlemen on this forum.
    I have formed an opinion about communication with a SP or potential SP. I have observed that the more professional ladies who appear to approach the business as their career seem to be willing to communicate by email or even via their website as well as text or (sometimes) phone. The ladies who are either new to the business or just don't take the same professional approach, and communicate in cryptic text messages only....usually pushing you to book immediately.
    I very much prefer the chance to at least exchange a note or two and see if there might be a connection worth pursuing. I am not your "Babe" as we haven't even met.
    The more reputable ladies mentioned often in this forum generally do it right. I guess that's why they are viewed as a "higher standard". The newcomers could learn from them if they are serious about the profession.
    Thoughts????
    Absolutely!
    If they don't have the common courtesy to respond to a polite inquiry or the intelligence to answer in a coherent sentence,
    See ya.
    Boggles the mind how some expect to succeed in a customer based service industry with little to no communication.

Some here try to float the idea there's no way they can possibly reply. But that's total bullshit. Many do.

HDS
    If I reach out and text a provider in a polite and professional manner and I get one or two word cryptic replies laced with "babes" then my communication ends there.

The same thing applies to email. Those types of replies imply a lack of interest or care in what they do.

There was provider I saw a few years ago that was willing to meet, just based on the e-mail exchange we had. She had stated in her ad/website that a phone call was required prior to visiting first timers. When I asked her why she skipped that part of the process with me, she mentioned that she could tell by the way I wrote that I was running straight. She mentioned she was using to seeing a lot of the two word communiques coming her way, which required further screening.

So, I think if you can get a hold of a provider via e-mail, it gets a lot out of the way up front and starts the cerebral foreplay.

If I haven't seen you before, I always confirm now with a voice phone call and if they refuse, then I know.