Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Lack Of Large Professional SP Agencies In Vancouver

The Lack Of Large Professional SP Agencies In Vancouver

Has anybody else noticed that, and wondered why, SPs in Toronto and Montreal are usually organized into large professionally run agencies, while SPs in Vancouver really aren't at all?

If you haven't noticed this, just spend a few minutes going through and comparing the advertising sections of PERB, TERB, and MERB. Sure, some Vancouver indies sometimes band together to share a location etc., but this business model is nothing like what dominates in Toronto and Montreal.

In both of those cities there must be 10 maybe 20 agencies with managers, full time phone staff, a large selection of SPs, beautiful websites, and which pay attention to their long term reputations. I actually prefer the agency model. I think it gives more safety to the girls and a more reliable service to the guys.

Does anyone know why this business structure has not come to Vancover?
    Sometimes I get PMs about my reviews, I don't know why. If it's worth saying to me it's worth saying to everyone.
    My girlfriend bought a new deodorant stick. The instructions said remove cap and push up bottom. Now she can barely walk but whenever she farts the room smells lovely.
    My girlfriend came home early from golf complaining that she got stung by a bee between the 2nd and 3rd holes. I told her that her stance was too wide.

Elite Discreet Courtesan Lady Vanessa's Avatar
    My opinion comes down to a simple answer. The reputable advertised Ladies here are business savvy in their own right. What can an agency do for us that we cannot do for ourselves?

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Vanessa View Post
    My opinion comes down to a simple answer. The reputable advertised Ladies here are business savvy in their own right. What can an agency do for us that we cannot do for ourselves?
    Could be V but I'm not sure. Perhaps it was some law in the past? While agencies have their benefits they can eat an SP alive.
    Out of Office Alert: I am currently out of the office & in police custody.

I'm back, for awhile...
    Quote Originally Posted by frisky business View Post

Probably because Toronto and Montreal never had a Rico in the business...

...and there's this......
    I think my guardian angel drinks...
    I'll tell you what's wrong with society....nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Ever look at somebody and say.."Yup, they've got bodies buried in the basement."
    If you are going to fight, fight like the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.....and brother it's starting to rain.

I know Calgary and Edmonton have/had a fee the woman paid and I recall they needed to work for an agency. It was pretty hefty too. Perhaps Toronto had that as well & the result is the large number of agencies.

Quote Originally Posted by uncleg View Post
    Probably because Toronto and Montreal never had a Rico in the business...
    Rico...???

Quote Originally Posted by MissingOne View Post
    Rico...???
    Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations
    In a world full of clowns you still want to join the circus?

there is a huge asian pooner base here as well, doubtful the agencies could handle the language issue that well

Quote Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    RICO is American so far as I know. Basically if you have any association with organized crime it lets the Feds come in and take everything.

THAT'S why I'm scared of Kelowna. I read on Perb that most agencies in Kelowna are owned and run by Hells Angels.

Quote Originally Posted by Tim McGee View Post
    THAT'S why I'm scared of Kelowna. I read on Perb that most agencies in Kelowna are owned and run by Hells Angels.
    While not scientific Tim, my advice is this. Watch where the "Indie's" tour. These women know the inside track of where to go and where not to go. If it's a touring desert, just keep driving.

I'm back, for awhile...
    Quote Originally Posted by MissingOne View Post
    Rico...???
    Used to own most of the agencies in Vancouver, Victoria, Kelowna..etc......no, not affiliated with HA....in fact they weren't even in Vancouver at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by jgg View Post
    He wasn't Racketeer Influenced...he was the Racketeer...

Quote Originally Posted by yvr_hacker View Post
    RICO is American so far as I know. Basically if you have any association with organized crime it lets the Feds come in and take everything.
    Yup, it sure is....but we are talking about Canada here, so you be off subject...
    I think my guardian angel drinks...
    I'll tell you what's wrong with society....nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Ever look at somebody and say.."Yup, they've got bodies buried in the basement."
    If you are going to fight, fight like the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.....and brother it's starting to rain.

Quote Originally Posted by frisky business View Post
    That's a multimillion dollar question.

Nobody's born business savvy. Huge percentage of those who enter the industry don't have a clue. It would benefit them to work in an agency for a year or whatever. Lots of grief is caused to both sides of the trade because of lack of knowledge.

Security, drivers, training, ads, client screening and shared blacklist, shared incalls (big one with so many people complaining about rents), client communication if desired, though some 'agencies' leave it to the girls. Independents could manage most of that, but time=money and delegating routine parts might lead to a higher effective $/hour.

I have no clue myself why Vancouver is different. Turf wars? Municipality / condo regulations? Ethnic mix / culture? (with big Chinese and EI population, relatively few of them can be seen as indy SPs or in known reputable agencies).

Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    Security, drivers, training, ads, client screening and shared blacklist, shared incalls (big one with so many people complaining about rents), client communication if desired, though some 'agencies' leave it to the girls. Independents could manage most of that, but time=money and delegating routine parts might lead to a higher effective $/hour.
    It depends on the agency and who runs it. On the ugly side, consider this

- If the phone answer girl doesn't like you, you may not get booked. She'll say you're not there and your date goes elsewhere
    - In some places there is no blacklisting and no screening.
    - Women can be lined up like cattle to let the guy choose. She may not be able to say no.
    - The guys who can't make it through screening from an "Indie" land at the agency
    - Expected to generate so much revenue
    - If they don't hit revenue targets they may well be fined and have to do dates for free to pay the fines.

Not every place is like this, but some are. There are lots of good owners who care about the women's well being. It only makes sense. A happy woman makes for happy customers.

Quote Originally Posted by yvr_hacker View Post
    A happy woman makes for happy customers.
    Yes, and ideally the market will weed out the bad agencies then. If a customer sees the girls at this place are not into it, why would he come back? A known well-reviewed agency, on the other hand, makes a good safe choice, more reliable than an unknown indy (or so she says) on LL. These factors work, the only problem many guys are not informed or don't care.

Also on SP side, if there were several established well-reviewed agencies, perhaps girls would rather work there, rather than at some shady place or all by themselves when they don't know the trade yet.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast