Thread: Taxes and Accountability

Taxes and Accountability

Do you think that the governments that collect taxes are accountable for their spending of your tax dollar? Local, Municipal, provincial and federally?

Hell no....
    When you are dead, you do not know that you are dead.
    It is the same way when you are stupid.

Not even close

A dude
    I mean, they should be held accountable. But sometimes it's difficult to differentiate revenue from sources to specifically affect certain programs (like taxes from medicine to go back into R&D for new drugs). I do believe in strigent oversight (like a regulatory body almost) but.. *sigh* governments are never simple.

Corruption corruption corruption!

Easiest way to get rich is to steal tax dollars through various patronage, nepotism, and crony capitalism schemes.

Corruption, patronage, etc, will always exist. It's ingrained in the human species like males trolling these forums for pussy is. Power and control is like a drug/addiction. It ends up fundamentally changing most people usually for the worst. Very few humans have the character to actually lead without abusing their power. Their followers are worse. They get in on the gravy train solely for their own agenda.

Truth is, as I get older and (hopefully) wiser, I've come to realize that if you are a person with character & integrity you simply will NEVER be in politics or a leader. That cannot work in that ecosystem. The result is that politicians of all stripes are corrupt. This incessant arguing of who is better is like arguing which Mexican Drug Cartel is nicer to the people they slaughter.
    Out of Office Alert: I am currently out of the office & in police custody.

Corruption always exists but it must be fought at every opportunity.

It will always be there, but, it is important to try to keep it to a minimum. Canada is much worse than it is perceived. We are masters of propaganda. I prefer the old days when it was more obvious who you need to pay to get things done.

Quote Originally Posted by apl16 View Post
    It will always be there, but, it is important to try to keep it to a minimum. Canada is much worse than it is perceived. We are masters of propaganda. I prefer the old days when it was more obvious who you need to pay to get things done.
    Oh I'm not saying we shouldn't do something. What I'm saying is those who align to a party assuming their party is clean are..out to lunch. All political parties reek with patronage, corruption, etc.
    Out of Office Alert: I am currently out of the office & in police custody.

girls just wanna have fu
    Quote Originally Posted by 80watts View Post
    Do you think that the governments that collect taxes are accountable for their spending of your tax dollar? Local, Municipal, provincial and federally?
    Only in prostitution free Thailand.