Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best restaurants in Vancouver?

Best restaurants in Vancouver?

One of my favorite things about Vancouver is the diversity of restaurants. When I'm in the city, I love, love, love discovering great new places to eat. Whether it's a little hole in the wall, a homey breakfast nook, or a five-star sit-down restaurant with artisan chefs, if the food is good, I want to try it. And then I want dessert afterwards.

And so, dear PERBies, tell me--what are your recommendations for cannot-miss restaurants in Vancouver? And where can I go after my meal to satisfy my sweet tooth?

Quote Originally Posted by Pretty_Priya View Post
    One of my favorite things about Vancouver is the diversity of restaurants. When I'm in the city, I love, love, love discovering great new places to eat. Whether it's a little hole in the wall, a homey breakfast nook, or a five-star sit-down restaurant with artisan chefs, if the food is good, I want to try it. And then I want dessert afterwards.

And so, dear PERBies, tell me--what are your recommendations for cannot-miss restaurants in Vancouver? And where can I go after my meal to satisfy my sweet tooth?

Priya, You're going to have to help Us out a bit, with a few Specifics ? It's sort of like, when a fellow Pooner asks for a Recommendation or Suggestions, on which Lady to see ?
    What's their Type, & what Area are they looking for ?

With that being said, are You looking for Restaurants in the Downtown, on the Edge of Downtown, or anywhere in Vancouver ?
    Also Time of Day, will have a big impact, on Suggestions ? Lots of great Restaurants, only do certain Meals which could be Breakfast, Lunch, or Dinner ?

So let's hone in, on the Type of Food, that really tickles your Fancy ?
    Is It Mexican, Italian, Japanese (Sushi or Steakhouse), Indian, Thai, German, French, Columbian, Brazilian, Canadian, Korean, Chinese, or Greek ? ( No Pun Intended ) LOL !
    Did I miss anyone ?

And, I would feel bad, to recommend a Seafood Restaurant, only to find out You're allergic to Shellfish ?
    But, I'll assume You being an Island Girl, that's not an Issue ?

Judging, by when You post, I think You might be a Night-Owl ?
    So I'm going to suggest two Funky, Hole in the Wall, open all-night Places .
    You can Google any of these Restaurants for the Addresses .

1) The Naam, Kitsilano, Vegetarian . If You're craving an Organic Blueberry Milkshake, at 3:00 in the Morning, this is your Place . And they've got some tasty Dishes too .
    2) Lucy's Eastside Diner, Edge of Downtown, Greasy-Spoon . Funky atmosphere, never the same Twice ?

Lunch Time ?
    One of my Favorites, Mexican !
    La Taqueria Pinche (They've got a couple Locations, 1 Near Gastown, & 1 across the Street from the Canada Line Broadway Skytrain Station )
    Tacos to Die for, nice & messy, the way Hand-Foods are supposed to be ! Muy Bien !

Dinner Time ?
    Blue Water Cafe, Yaletown, Seafood, Upscale Style
    If You like Seafood, this is your Place !
    Rated #1 for Seafood in Vancouver !
    http://vanmag.com/best-of-the-city/r...t-awards-2016/

Deserts/Sweets
    Cartems Donuterie, (They've got a few Locations)
    Very Tasty & Sweet .

That's it for Me, hope it Helps ?

Cheers

P.S. Let me know, if You're interested ? And I'll PM You my Secret, favorite, fantastic Sweets place ?
    But, I don't want to give that One away !
    Just ask Selena, if they taste any Good ? LOL ! Although, I was hoping to bring You a Box myself ?
    Last edited by Vulva Man; 05-01-2017 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Typo

Good thread, I'm interested to see the answers.

All I can offer is Meet on Main, a small gluten free outlet. It's vegetarian as well & their "burger" (the last thing I had) was actually really good. Around lunch time in the week it's busy and difficult to get a seat. It's around Main and 33rd. I went to a falafel place in near Chinatown that was great but I can't remember the name.
    Out of Office Alert: I am currently out of the office & in police custody.

If it is still on Granville.....the "West" is very good.
    They will list the producer and location on the menu......unless of course you subcontract beef for a producer that buys the highest quality animals from a certain Rancher.
    My very bias opinion is .....the steak is astounding

L'abbatoir in Gastown is a great fine dining experience, and they offer a great brunch, too. I also love Pourhouse in Gastown -- a little more casual, funky room and great cocktails.

Tacofino has great burritos for a late night snack.
    The world moves on a woman's hips

A dude
    I'll chime in!

I have had (and would recommend)
    Black n Blue - decent steak with a mixed crowd
    Italian Kitchen - eat pasta with style! Also pretty mixed crowd (like young and older, professional and erm, everyone else. I like places like these, it's like we are all gathered to worship at the Mecca of Nom's)
    Phnom Penh (thanks Yasmine Keyes, for the recommendation) for their wings
    Marutama - ramen shop with a twist - instead of beef bones they make theirs with chicken.. It is just as rich!
    Joe Forte - good seafood, nice decor. I rather enjoyed it

I know some good bars for after dinner hang-outs. But sadly I do not have a sweet tooth...

Happy eating!! Now if I can lose my belly...
    Last edited by JonnyBoi; 04-30-2017 at 11:28 PM. Reason: High-lighted my shout out. Gotta give credit to where it deserves :)

The Lift down on the Coal Harbour seawall is great for a Sunday brunch. Patio view is the best in the city.

Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoi View Post

Happy eating!! Now if I can lose my belly...
    Sex counts as an exercise right? Clearly you are not exercising enough

hello Priya, welcome to vancouver, so far i don't agree with the above posts... everyone's replies except for Dick Ford. He has good taste. L'abbotoir is very fine, one of our best. try Chicha for nice peruvian food. i always enjoy Rodney's oyster bar, they've been around forever so not as "hip" a choice but great food, wine and drinks. (get a selection of raw oysters, their Caesar cocktail, oysters rockefeller, steak) vancouver has better japanese food than most canadian cities, but there are a lot of "sushi" restaurants run by non japanese. avoid those, and pay more at a real japanese place (like Miku restaurant). Chambar is another upscale dining room with great food,drinks, has been very successful since opening years ago. pink peppercorn on kingsway is a lesser known place with excellent food (although the dining room is old fashioned.. or it is simply classic? lol) and i am surprised nobody mentioned Bishop's (maybe it is not cool anymore) i live on main st the best restaurant in my neighbourhood is Grub. sweet revenge is a patisserie in my neighbourhood, the dining room is small and cute.
    Last edited by elStevedore; 04-30-2017 at 07:07 PM.

Meet on Main is good, i like it. if you have dietary restrictions they have an accommodating menu. if you are like me and can eat anything, their menu isn't that enticing. however, the food is good, what they make is quality i just have a hard time getting excited about anything i order there. it has definitely done well, always packed. i am surprised by how they fill that dining room on a nightly basis i don't understand why it is currently a "must try" in vancouver. its a hip, friendly joint that i'm happy to have around but the menu isn't very sophisticated.

Mindfuck Extraordinaire Miss Hunter's Avatar
    Rocky Mountain Flatbread.

I have celiac disease but I react to so much more than just gluten... I've eaten there several times & have never gotten sick. That place deserves a gold medal
    Downtown Vancouver & Richmond
    604-618-5075 text only
    deviousmisshunter@outlook.com
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

Your Perfect Paramour
    Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post

I have celiac disease but I react to so much more than just gluten... I've eaten there several times & have never gotten sick. That place deserves a gold medal
    I'm sure you know this as a food queen yourself but a lot of issues celiacs have with modern wheat pertains to the modified gluten proteins. However if you want some solid GF recipes PM me I have a ton!

Mindfuck Extraordinaire Miss Hunter's Avatar
    Steveston Village has some good places too.. outside of Van but worth a mention. And it's a beautiful area with a non-city vibe.
    Downtown Vancouver & Richmond
    604-618-5075 text only
    deviousmisshunter@outlook.com
    Twitter @DeviousMissH

http://www.saviovolpe.com/

Savio Volpe was voted the best new restaurant in Vancouver by Vancouver Magazine.
    It is northern Italian cuisine. Which does not include pizzas or pastas. Meat and potatos, in a sharing plate.
    Went with a number of friends, really enjoyed it.

Some of my favourites:

- Cioppino's Mediterranean Grill on Hamilton street
    - IL Giardino Di Umberto on Hornby st
    - Lupo Restaurant & Vinoteca Italian on Hamilton
    - Le Crocodile French on Burrand
    - Indian Roti Kitchen (I believe Cambie)
    - Zest Japanese Cuisine west 16th
    - My favourite at the moment is Chambar on Beatty Street

Quote Originally Posted by Miss Hunter View Post

It is very good.

Tip: Nesters Markets sells the frozen pizzas. The key to getting that texture is cooking on a pizza stone & having the oven at the desired temp.
    Out of Office Alert: I am currently out of the office & in police custody.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast