Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 36

Thread: legal name and deposit...

  1. #1

    legal name and deposit...

    Just saw an add of a touring girl where she requires full legal name a deposit in order to book her. Of course her rates are courtesan level and the pics/stats are hot enough. And she is paid advertiser on here with red name and everything.
    Is this for real? And people actually book?
    ....With the purchase of sex being illegal I find this highly unlikely. Sounds like a scam. But I am not a veteran pooner so I don't know.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westwood
    Posts
    5,524
    Cancellations and no shows are a huge problem for touring ladies.
    Many local ladies and their pimps don't like outside competition and sabotage the touring ladies.

    Deposit is totally understandable.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

  3. #3
    I have seen this in an ad, and simply moved on to the next. It is hard to believe that the losses this policy prevents out weights the loss of potential clients that are scared off by this policy. Obviously, it must be worthwhile, otherwise policy wouldn't last.

  4. #4
    A dude
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The 6 to the.. Other 6
    Posts
    742
    I have never heard of the "touring ladies vs local SP's" thing.
    That sounds horrible but understandable :/
    I want to contemplate on this and figure out a good system to minimize that...

  5. #5
    West Coast Paramour
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoi View Post
    I have never heard of the "touring ladies vs local SP's" thing.
    That sounds horrible but understandable :/
    I want to contemplate on this and figure out a good system to minimize that...
    Well known local ladies would never dream of doing those things, it tends to be more of a handler or micro agency behaviour.

    Also don't forget the costs associated with visiting ladies -- accommodation, flights, food (every meal, no real amenities to cook), extra advertising for that location, laundry, etc. It already starts out quite pricey and it's a huge hit when you have no shows (whether booked by a competitor or not).

    In fact I've noticed a trend in people just not confirming as well which is essentially the same thing. It's incredibly anxiety inducing. I suppose many people forget this is our livelihood -- how would one feel to be told constantly not to come into work but you're also not getting any compensation?

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by mrman848 View Post
    Is this for real? And people actually book?
    It's probably real. Some people book.
    The full legal name thing is common in the US, where selling sex is illegal too. I don't think sharing your real name makes sense in Canada. The girls have other screening options - references, forum handles, shared blacklists.

    Deposits are understandable. Those who fake book won't put even $10 down, let alone $50. Asking for a 50% and more as a deposit is an overkill.
    Keep in mind that most forms of money transfers are not fully anonymous, your name is still somewhere in the paper trail.

  7. #7
    A dude
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Location
    The 6 to the.. Other 6
    Posts
    742
    My worry is that I over-confirm lol. I tend to send an email the morning of or the day before just to make sure the appointment is still there and, because I am just visiting sometimes, I don't have a local number. (For this reason, most girls that have seen me deserves a shout out. Sydney, Émilie, Outlook group and the WCA were all super kind and understanding).

    Most ladies are cautious but I think if you show a shred of decency they'd give you a chance.

    I have struck out against "high level" courtesans because when I emailed them to introduce myself, I didn't also "apply for the full screening" so she thought I was being disrespectful/not interested enough to research her website fully. =/

    I just cut my losses and moved on.

    I do this for fun, and I don't wish to fully engage my business intelligence background for a "hobby".

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Westwood
    Posts
    5,524
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Alexander View Post
    Well known local ladies would never dream of doing those things, it tends to be more of a handler or micro agency behaviour.
    I live in Winnipeg.
    Frankly I was shocked when a (now retired) well known local lady said that since touring ladies were on her turf it was justified.
    Worse, another two ladies I occasionally saw agreed with her. And admitted doing it.
    That is why I gave up on the locals.
    And because of these ignorant bitches there are several really great touring ladies who now skip over Winnipeg completely.

    There is also a wacko pooner/stalker who has a grudge against a few touring ladies.
    He likes to do this, as well as reporting them to their hotel.

    So guys, you really need to understand this is a very serious issue. It is not a joke or a prank.
    Two hands helping do more good than a thousand hands clasped in prayer

  9. #9
    West Coast Paramour
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by JonnyBoi View Post
    My worry is that I over-confirm lol. I tend to send an email the morning of or the day before just to make sure the appointment is still there and, because I am just visiting sometimes, I don't have a local number. (For this reason, most girls that have seen me deserves a shout out. Sydney, Émilie, Outlook group and the WCA were all super kind and understanding).

    Most ladies are cautious but I think if you show a shred of decency they'd give you a chance.

    I have struck out against "high level" courtesans because when I emailed them to introduce myself, I didn't also "apply for the full screening" so she thought I was being disrespectful/not interested enough to research her website fully. =/

    I just cut my losses and moved on.

    I do this for fun, and I don't wish to fully engage my business intelligence background for a "hobby".
    There's nothing wrong with covering bases and over confirming (as long as it's not excessive i.e daily or multiple times daily).

    I do believe every lady has the right to require whatever she deems necessary for bookings. Sometimes the ones who don't respond without all the info right away are just dealing with a large amount of requests. It's nothing personal, and you reacted appropriately.

    What I meant by "not confirming" was people booking times as a place holder without the knowledge if they cannprobably make it or not. To me that's disrespectful to hold up a block of time that someone else may have full intention of showing up.

    Quote Originally Posted by westwoody View Post
    I live in Winnipeg.
    Frankly I was shocked when a (now retired) well known local lady said that since touring ladies were on her turf it was justified.
    Worse, another two ladies I occasionally saw agreed with her. And admitted doing it.
    That is why I gave up on the locals.
    And because of these ignorant bitches there are several really great touring ladies who now skip over Winnipeg completely.

    There is also a wacko pooner/stalker who has a grudge against a few touring ladies.
    He likes to do this, as well as reporting them to their hotel.

    So guys, you really need to understand this is a very serious issue. It is not a joke or a prank.
    Well I can't speak for anyone but myself or ladies that I personally know. None of us would dream of compromising someone's livelihood. It makes me sad that there are some who would.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    377
    Most ladies would never give out their legal name. Why would it be any different with men?

    It's not about the deposit; it's the lack of discretion that inevitably goes with sending a deposit that is problematic.

    The chance of me giving my legal name to a lady when booking is as slim as the lady giving me her legal name.
    I don't believe in god. I only believe in goddesses.

  11. #11
    West Coast Paramour
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by thodisipagal View Post
    Most ladies would never give out their legal name. Why would it be any different with men?

    It's not about the deposit; it's the lack of discretion that inevitably goes with sending a deposit that is problematic.

    The chance of me giving my legal name to a lady when booking is as slim as the lady giving me her legal name.
    As was addressed in a different thread, it is possible to change the name and email information on etransfer transactions and then change it back. I have no issue with people using a pseudonym provided their other screening information checks out.

    I imagine those who prefer paying with credit aren't as concerned. For perspective's sake, it's not uncommon for high end companions in the US to check ID upon arrival.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Alexander View Post
    As was addressed in a different thread, it is possible to change the name and email information on etransfer transactions and then change it back.
    It's not as simple. For the initial email notification, it may appear you are anonymous, but it does not end there.

    The banks have the responsibility to fight money laundering and terrorist financing, there's lots of paper trail. When etransfer transactions are settled, the banks will exchange the legal names of the recipient and the sender and will keep them on the record on both sides.

  13. #13
    West Coast Paramour
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Location
    Victoria, BC
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by felixthecat View Post
    It's not as simple. For the initial email notification, it may appear you are anonymous, but it does not end there.

    The banks have the responsibility to fight money laundering and terrorist financing, there's lots of paper trail. When etransfer transactions are settled, the banks will exchange the legal names of the recipient and the sender and will keep them on the record on both sides.
    While that's true, I'm speaking more of the immediate repercussions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that though the banks may have the recipient's and sender's legal information it is not likely that either side could simply request that without an actual notarized document. Again, not a lawyer (nor do I play one on TV) but that is my logical thinking path.

    Also assuming laundering also assumes that the provider doesn't pay taxes on her income which is very uncommon, especially with individuals who charge at a higher price point.

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by Peyton Alexander View Post
    While that's true, I'm speaking more of the immediate repercussions. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I assume that though the banks may have the recipient's and sender's legal information it is not likely that either side could simply request that without an actual notarized document. Again, not a lawyer (nor do I play one on TV) but that is my logical thinking path.
    I cannot comment which banks may or may not share that information. Let's say I don't know a legal reason why a bank cannot confirm the counterpart of your own transaction. Generally, you are entitled to know your transaction history.

    Interac eTransfer marketing includes many selling points; anonymity is not one of them. The only promise they make is "without sharing any personally identifiable financial information" - which means your bank account number definitely won't be known to the other party.

    There are of course also long-term risks some people don't realize, like a 3rd party can request a Court Order to get the bank records even in a civil lawsuit.

  15. #15
    Some of us might have joint accounts where an unexplained etransfer might be problematic. Also i would never give my real name. Perhaps part of the solution could be through perb. Give your handle, and confirm it through a pm. Or even allow sp's report members to moderators, which might cause you to be banned. Not a fully thought out solution. I am just spit balling ideas.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •