Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Using Translink

Using Translink

Questions (I figure one of you will know)

1. If coming in from Surrey, what Skytrain station should I park my car at?

2. How long does the Skytrain take from out there to the Waterfront?

3. How crowded are these things? Will I have to stand or will I get a seat?

4. Is there AC on these things or are they overheated tin cans? (I'm wearing a suit jacket)

Two more questions

1. How long does the Seabus take?

2. If I lived in Kits how bad is Route 99 at rush hour?
    Out of Office Alert: I am currently out of the office & in police custody.

1- The lot a King George and Fraser Highway is actually safer than the big lot at the Patullo Bridge.

2. About 30 minutes.

3. Depends on the time of day. Any time outside rush hours you can usually find a seat.

4. Temp is usually perfect. You won't even notice.

1A - Seabus is abut 20 minutes.

2A- Bad. So is 91.
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Throppled View Post
    1- The lot a King George and Fraser Highway is actually safer than the big lot at the Patullo Bridge.

2. About 30 minutes.

3. Depends on the time of day. Any time outside rush hours you can usually find a seat.

2A- Bad. So is 91.
    OK, thanks. That's really fast because when I drove it was easily an hour to get downtown and I had to pay for that giant bridge with the toll (Port Mann).

As for the bridges, honestly I have NO idea what they're called. I don't know where the tunnel is. I tried to go to Riza's a couple weeks ago and ended up in the parking lot at the airport. And I'm now aquainted with New West because I CAN NEVER FIND THE FUCKING FREE BRIDGE.

Blog Entries
    IMO SeaBus runs pretty close to schedule M-F

Day Frequency
    6:02 a.m. to 7:32 p.m. 15 mins
    7:32 p.m. to 12:32 a.m. 30 mins
    1 a.m. Last sailing

‘No-one is happier to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald and that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter. Like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?’

Barack Obama

Too Old To Die Young
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yvr_hacker View Post
    As for the bridges, honestly I have NO idea what they're called. I don't know where the tunnel is. I tried to go to Riza's a couple weeks ago and ended up in the parking lot at the airport. And I'm now aquainted with New West because I CAN NEVER FIND THE FUCKING FREE BRIDGE.
    The Patullo is the orange one between Surrey and New West that the sky train runs sort of parallel to. It's still free at this time... Is that the one you mean?
    You dance with the devil and the devil don't change. The devil changes you!

Quote Originally Posted by Man Mountain View Post
    The Patullo is the orange one between Surrey and New West that the sky train runs sort of parallel to. It's still free at this time... Is that the one you mean?
    That's the one. It's kind of old and the lanes are really narrow.

Too Old To Die Young
    Blog Entries
    That's the one. It's kind of old and the lanes are really narrow.
    Yes. They recently did a lot of work on it. And I can't remember now if they plan on doing more or not. I seem to recall that there were plans to do more but I'm not positive.
    You dance with the devil and the devil don't change. The devil changes you!

A dude
    I got you bro.

wikitravel.org/en/Surrey_(British_Columbia)

Wiki travel is my favourite site for travelling enquires, forget books or those review websites - too much monetary distractions.

Enjoy!

Quote Originally Posted by Cock Throppled View Post

2. About 30 minutes.

2A- Bad. So is 91.
    From Surrey Central Station to Burrard Station, skytrain takes exactly 45 mins. From King George to Waterfront, it's more like 55 minutes.

No seat during rush hour from Surrey Central or Gateway or Scott Road stations. You might get seat at King George station (the terminal station), but no guarantee. You'll get seats if you get on trains after 9:00 am.

Old Expo cars have no A/C. The newer Bombardier cars are fully air-conditioned. In Expo cars, you WILL feel hot in summer.
    I don't believe in god. I only believe in goddesses.

Quote Originally Posted by thodisipagal View Post
    From Surrey Central Station to Burrard Station, skytrain takes exactly 45 mins. From King George to Waterfront, it's more like 55 minutes.

No seat during rush hour from Surrey Central or Gateway or Scott Road stations. You might get seat at King George station (the terminal station), but no guarantee. You'll get seats if you get on trains after 9:00 am.

Old Expo cars have no A/C. The newer Bombardier cars are fully air-conditioned. In Expo cars, you WILL feel hot in summer.
    Yeah, my bad. Was thinking of the Expo line for some reason. 30 mins from Cambie & Marine to Waterfront.
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

Quote Originally Posted by thodisipagal View Post

Well all the better to find my way into the city and use the Canada Line for a short jump downtown. I dress to impress but I don't do so well in the summer when it's 30C. And I like sitting down so I can read on the trip in. I suppose I could drive downtown but I can't imagine the parking costs.

... (I'm wearing a suit jacket) ...
    Aren't t-shirts the required uniform in the tech industry? Or have I just seen too many pictures of whats-his-name the Facebook guy?

Quote Originally Posted by MissingOne View Post
    Aren't t-shirts the required uniform in the tech industry? Or have I just seen too many pictures of whats-his-name the Facebook guy?
    Pretty much. I've worked with guys who show up on dress down Fridays wearing sweat pants. It works fine if you're a back end programmer or some Linux guru, but if you do any client interaction it's a no no. Vancouver is a rather stylish and competitive city so it only makes sense to dress to impress. The climate is mostly suited for it as it's temperate.

... Vancouver is a rather stylish and competitive city so it only makes sense to dress to impress. ...
    Hmm. Maybe that's why I'm still just a small-time consultant. I was looking through my closet the other day and realized that all my suits date from the nineties, and I haven't worn any of them since the turn of the century.

in the summer when it's 30C
    30C won't be an issue, nor will that horrid, sweltering Toronto humidity!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast