Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shaw is down (Both Phones and Internet)

Shaw is down (Both Phones and Internet)

Seems like something major has happened at Shaw. Luckily we have a backup.

Anyone else having this issue?
    Know your limit. If you canít swallow, spit it. i

Quote Originally Posted by take8easy View Post
    Seems like something major has happened at Shaw. Luckily we have a backup.

Anyone else having this issue?
    I'm on Shaw, it's fine.

Strange! I checked online on my phone and the list of outages is all over the place! I guess you are one of the few lucky ones.

Strange! I checked online on my phone and the list of outages is all over the place! I guess you are one of the few lucky ones.
    Yeah, very odd....don't jinx me now

I'm back, for awhile...
    I'm good.......
    I think my guardian angel drinks...
    I'll tell you what's wrong with society....nobody drinks from the skulls of their enemies anymore.
    Ever look at somebody and say.."Yup, they've got bodies buried in the basement."
    If you are going to fight, fight like the third monkey on the ramp to Noah's Ark.....and brother it's starting to rain.

Seems like it is out in pockets, but all over Canada. I wonder if Donald Trump has anything to do with it. Probably not, but then who knows......

Major Fiber cut. Blackout pockets spread far and wide for Shaw and Telus Internet and Phone. Clients across the street from one another downtown, one is down the other is not. No ETA on repair
    " Early in life I had to choose between honest arrogance and hypocritical humility. I chose the former and have seen no reason to changeĒ Ė Frank Lloyd Wright

Ours are up and running again!

Beverly Hills. In the Kitchen eatin' vittles.
    My 2 soup cans connected with a piece of string are working just fine.
    Y'all come back now,
    Y'hear?

AT HOME in South Surrey, Downtown Vancouver, and In Your Dreams!
    Blog Entries
    This would have been useful information to have when I was cursing them about 3 hours ago trying to figure out what the hell was going on!

You'll want to check this site if you think you're having an outage. http://canadianoutages.com/status/shaw

And it was indeed down.

EDIT: Just got this off Facebook. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/04...cahpmg00000001

Quote Originally Posted by yvr_hacker View Post
    You'll want to check this site if you think you're having an outage. http://canadianoutages.com/status/shaw

And it was indeed down.

EDIT: Just got this off Facebook. http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2017/04...cahpmg00000001
    That's exactly what I did and it was flooded with complaints from people all over Canada, esp western Canada (Slogans of Cessation anyone? Birth of a New Canada, may be?!?!)

That's exactly what I did and it was flooded with complaints from people all over Canada, esp western Canada (Slogans of Cessation anyone? Birth of a New Canada, may be?!?!)
    If you had any idea what the actual infrastructure of the internet looked like you'd probably be shocked man. I'm sure people imagine this ultra clean professional setup with high quality CISCO routing equipment. Not the case all the time. It's a hodge podge mess. If you're really concerned about your internet being down, do the following. There isn't much you can do outside of get dual internet connections in your house or tether to your phone but it doesn't take long to eat up data that way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert Upndown View Post
    Major Fiber cut. Blackout pockets spread far and wide for Shaw and Telus Internet and Phone. Clients across the street from one another downtown, one is down the other is not. No ETA on repair
    Mine was down right around when you posted this. I got a notification my personal Cloud was not responding. An App on my phone let me know the Internet was down in my office.

ĎNo-one is happier to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald and thatís because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter. Like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?í

Barack Obama

girls just wanna have fu
    Was TV down too? Then you can always try battery operated radio to see if the machines have risen:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Termin...f_the_Machines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast