View Poll Results: Who will be in power in BC for next for years.

Voters
104. You may not vote on this poll
  • Liberals

    51 49.04%
  • NDP

    45 43.27%
  • Green

    3 2.88%
  • Not Sure

    5 4.81%
Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 196

Thread: BC Elections : Predictions Anyone?

  1. #1

    BC Elections : Predictions Anyone?

    Well, the question is simple. With less that two weeks to go, who do you think will be in power next.

    1. Liberal
    2. NDP
    3. Green
    4. Not Sure.

    (I am trying to post this thread as a poll, I hope it works.)

    T8E

    Now that I have posted the thread, I wish I could post it in two parts.
    1. Who you are voting for.
    2. Who do you think will win.

    I say that because I am voting for NDP, but I think they have not been able to have strong leadership so Liberals will get in again, I am afraid.
    Know your limit. If you can’t swallow, spit it. i

  2. #2
    The title should say FOUR years, not For years. My bad.

    ( I should really stop watching porn and/or browsing Leolist while posting a thread. )
    Know your limit. If you can’t swallow, spit it. i

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Caprica City
    Posts
    1,024
    I arrive in town just a few days before the election so I doubt I'll be voting as I won't have local ID, etc. I'd call myself an informed outsider. I read Vancouver media & stream a local independent talk radio station there on a daily basis. Here are my thoughts:

    Liberals: Their platform seems to be saying the NDP will do to BC what they did to BC in the 90's. The whole platform seems to be built around slamming the NDP. I find Clark to be a vile leader. She reminds me of Hillary Clinton. She's the epitome of professional politician. What really turned me off her was last election she lost her riding, then a guy stepped down in a "sure to win" riding and she called a by-election. The ultimate act of political douche baggery & ALL that is wrong with this system.

    NDP: I have no idea what their platform is nor do I have any idea who their leader is. The only thing that comes to mind is giving renters $400.00 back as some credit which seems pointless.

    Green: No idea

    Conservative: There doesn't seem to be a BC Conservative party.


    So I don't know who I'd vote for. I suspect the Liberals will win a minority.

  4. #4
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Lower Mainland, B.C.
    Posts
    1,471
    Supposedly the NDP have a 10% lead on the Liberals at the moment. But in the last election the NDP had a huge lead in the polls as well and yet the Liberals managed to pull off a majority result. Don't be surprised if it happens again.

    Even though I also do not like Christy, I think most people will choose the devil they know over the devil they don't know. Especially, when you consider that since she has been in power, the average BC resident has had a huge increase in personal wealth due to the rise in property values. And even though the Liberals had very little to do with that, when your feeling happy about your personal situation, it is difficult to get upset with the current government. Its like, how mad can you be at a woman who is giving you a fantastic bj at the moment lol.

    JD

  5. #5
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In Lust Mostly
    Posts
    8,603
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by JimDandy View Post
    Supposedly the NDP have a 10% lead on the Liberals at the moment. But in the last election the NDP had a huge lead in the polls as well and yet the Liberals managed to pull off a majority result. Don't be surprised if it happens again.

    Even though I also do not like Christy, I think most people will choose the devil they know over the devil they don't know. Especially, when you consider that since she has been in power, the average BC resident has had a huge increase in personal wealth due to the rise in property values. And even though the Liberals had very little to do with that, when your feeling happy about your personal situation, it is difficult to get upset with the current government. Its like, how mad can you be at a woman who is giving you a fantastic bj at the moment lol.

    JD
    Usually polling is quite unreliable prior to any election with the people who really want a change responding to telemarketing polls. Silent majority will poke their heads up on election day.

    Whether we like it or not, people do take note of what is happening in the USA with the orange haired dorrito pissing off people globally. You can also see it happening in France with their presidential run offs, and the Brits having an early election although with a huge Conservative lead now. I think the British election will be much closer in the final tally.

    The Russians may have a hand in elections in Europe as they did in the US election. There has been many reports of fake news in France to date.

    I am getting the feeling there will be a Global quantum shift in political spectrum towards the left because of the drivel coming from Trump on a daily basis plus the activity of the Russians to interfere with the political landscape.

    Perhaps the same will happen in BC and maybe the NDP will form the next government? Right now, personally I feel its a toss up with neither having a serious scandal hanging around their necks.


    ‘No-one is happier to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald and that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter. Like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?’

    Barack Obama




  6. #6
    I have no idea who I'm voting for. I don't trust the NDP, but, the Liberals have become blind with greed and think they can get away with any scandal. I fear if they get re-elected, they won't even try and hide their appalling corruption. Which makes me lean towards NDP. But, they have been overly secretive with their policies, which is never good.

    Quote Originally Posted by badbadboy View Post
    The Russians may have a hand in elections in Europe as they did in the US election. There has been many reports of fake news in France to date.

    I am getting the feeling there will be a Global quantum shift in political spectrum towards the left because of the drivel coming from Trump on a daily basis plus the activity of the Russians to interfere with the political landscape.
    My god.

    First, there is no proof that the Russians intervened. The reasons no rational person should blindly believe anonymous claims of the sort — even if it is pleasing to believe such claims — should be obvious by now. If they had 100% concrete proof, they wouldn't discuss the allegations in complete vagueness and there would be a hell of a lot more transparency. It's like the "pee pee" tapes. Just because an unknown "CIA" or Anonymous "British intelligence agent" says it's for realsis, doesn't make it so.

    Second, like America, Russia is a hyper capitalistic country and very right. Why would they want other countries to go left? You know they aren't Communist, right?

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by take8easy View Post
    Well, the question is simple. With less that two weeks to go, who do you think will be in power next.

    1. Liberal
    2. NDP
    3. Green
    4. Not Sure.

    (I am trying to post this thread as a poll, I hope it works.)

    T8E

    Now that I have posted the thread, I wish I could post it in two parts.
    1. Who you are voting for.
    2. Who do you think will win.

    I say that because I am voting for NDP, but I think they have not been able to have strong leadership so Liberals will get in again, I am afraid.
    John Horgan has already demonstrated how much respect he has for women and what a champion for people he is. "I'll watch you for a while, I know you like that" http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/pamela-..._16154250.html


    The BC NDP as the National NDP has, have a leadership problem. Both Horgan and Mulcair are "tone deaf" to what people desire from their politicians and both have the habit of delivering the message they think their audience wants - even when the message is the opposite of the message they delivered to a different audience earlier that day. Dix had the same problem. That's why the BC Liberals easily won last time, and it's why the BC Liberals will easily win this time.

    The problem with political polls is who performs them. If a pollster is owned and run by a member of a political party - the poll is biased towards the result the pollster desires. That bias renders the poll invalid for the purpose of predicting the election outcome.
    The Romans managed 1200 years, we won't manage 300. sdw

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In Lust Mostly
    Posts
    8,603
    Blog Entries
    16
    Quote Originally Posted by zigzag6984 View Post
    I have no idea who I'm voting for. I don't trust the NDP, but, the Liberals have become blind with greed and think they can get away with any scandal. I fear if they get re-elected, they won't even try and hide their appalling corruption. Which makes me lean towards NDP. But, they have been overly secretive with their policies, which is never good.



    My god.

    First, there is no proof that the Russians intervened. The reasons no rational person should blindly believe anonymous claims of the sort — even if it is pleasing to believe such claims — should be obvious by now. If they had 100% concrete proof, they wouldn't discuss the allegations in complete vagueness and there would be a hell of a lot more transparency. It's like the "pee pee" tapes. Just because an unknown "CIA" or Anonymous "British intelligence agent" says it's for realsis, doesn't make it so.

    Second, like America, Russia is a hyper capitalistic country and very right. Why would they want other countries to go left? You know they aren't Communist, right?
    My God ROLMFAO

    You will of course call the following "Alt Facts" no doubt. General Hayden was interviewed stating all US security agencies had conveyed similar sentiments.

    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/01/06/u...port.html?_r=0

    http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...big-but-russia

    Russia is now a dictatorship leaving their socialist doctrine way back when Putin came to power. I would say Putin is more of a fascist than a socialist or communist.

    Putin's goal was more to discredit Hillary Clinton than to sway the US to what you call Communism.


    ‘No-one is happier to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald and that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter. Like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?’

    Barack Obama




  9. #9
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    944
    The Liberals are going to win. I will be voting for them very reluctantly.

  10. #10
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Upstairs
    Posts
    3,346
    Quote Originally Posted by sdw View Post
    John Horgan has already demonstrated how much respect he has for women and what a champion for people he is. "I'll watch you for a while, I know you like that" http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/pamela-..._16154250.html


    The BC NDP as the National NDP has, have a leadership problem. Both Horgan and Mulcair are "tone deaf" to what people desire from their politicians and both have the habit of delivering the message they think their audience wants - even when the message is the opposite of the message they delivered to a different audience earlier that day. Dix had the same problem. That's why the BC Liberals easily won last time, and it's why the BC Liberals will easily win this time.

    The problem with political polls is who performs them. If a pollster is owned and run by a member of a political party - the poll is biased towards the result the pollster desires. That bias renders the poll invalid for the purpose of predicting the election outcome.
    Please explain how Clark is any different?

    Horgan's reference was obviously diected at her proopensity for photo ops. She's already gone through about fifty hard-hats in two weeks.

    Re polling - No pollster who wants to stay in business is going to release polls that are intentionally wrong. No pollster would have any clients if they just tailored questions to please a client for a few weeks, but were ultimately proved to be inept. They lose credibility and a client.
    Screaming Geriatric Dominoes Enter My Brain

  11. #11
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    "ymmv"
    Posts
    1,166
    1) Who do I want to win? I want everyone to lose.
    2) Who will win? Probably NDP.

    You hear a lot more 'good' things in the media about NDP compared to the Liberals because media is dictated largely by those who have a lot to say (ie. social media). But at the end of the day, the older generation will still come out and vote Liberals. Having said that, there's enough voter fatigue for Christy that we should see the end of her reign. I personally think the NDP platform is garbage though.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by burcs View Post
    ... the older generation will still come out and vote Liberals.
    Not all of us, we won't.

  13. #13
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    In Lust Mostly
    Posts
    8,603
    Blog Entries
    16
    Who won the debate tonight?

    I'd say Weaver left the others behind as the same old same old. He had a very quick retort to both Liberals and NDP maintaining the status quo.

    The question about campaign contributions to the NDP went deafeningly silent on three occasions. Horgan tried to pivot and looked quite lame saying he would put an end to big money in BC Elections all while accepting the cash. Hammering on the unions from Pittsburgh aligned with Trump again went unanswered by Horgan. He looked red faced and whooped after 60 minutes with 30 more to go. More unanswered questions about outside influences must strike a chord with people waivering between NDP and the Greens.

    Christy was Christy and didn't really have much to offer other than her scripted material.

    Next remaining weeks are gonna be very interesting.


    ‘No-one is happier to put this birth certificate matter to rest than the Donald and that’s because he can finally get back to focusing on the issues that matter. Like, did we fake the moon landing? What really happened in Roswell? And where are Biggie and Tupac?’

    Barack Obama




  14. #14
    Long Standing Member Oldfart's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    Burnaby
    Posts
    2,745
    I think it would be a hoot if Joey Shithead won in Burnaby-Lougheed.

    Excuse me. I should have said Green candidate Mr. Joseph Keithley.

  15. #15
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Surrey
    Posts
    265
    On transit and transportation infrastructure, on bridge toll, on affordable housing, on education, on health care and MSP, on transparency in government, on the environment -- NDP has proposed a clear vision. Today's poll shows NDP has further widened lead by double digit margins.

    My informed prediction is a minority NDP government, with Green's support.
    I don't believe in god. I only believe in goddesses.

Page 1 of 14 12311 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •