Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The new pope.

The new pope.

Jorge Mario Bergoglio from Argentina,age 76.

Can any catholic help me?
    My buddy and his wife had their baby's baptism last weekend.
    The rented a hall, and fed everyone lunch.

I have put the idea in the wives head that since there was no pope at the time, it didn't count, and they must do it again.
    So, she fell for it, and wants to do it over. She talked to their priest, and he isn't sure, and thinks I could be right.
    Originally Posted by mercyshooter

The reason that you are afraid of the "control it's people" principle is that you have something to hide. I think you are actually doing illegal stuff everyday. If you have nothing to hide, then why not let them kinda control/monitor/supervise/help you

Quote Originally Posted by bcneil View Post
    Can any catholic help me?
    My buddy and his wife had their baby's baptism last weekend.
    The rented a hall, and fed everyone lunch.

I have put the idea in the wives head that since there was no pope at the time, it didn't count, and they must do it again.
    So, she fell for it, and wants to do it over. She talked to their priest, and he isn't sure, and thinks I could be right.
    I guess if someone can believe in organized religion, they can be convinced of anything.

On the other hand, Catholics don't seem to have a moratorium on ceremonies between popes, so i would guess you pulled it out of your ass, and her priest is an idiot.
    Last edited by HankQuinlan; 03-13-2013 at 09:17 PM.

if its all part of god's plan that this guy should be pope, then why didn't he get 100% of the votes on the first ballot?

Quote Originally Posted by Fakenham View Post
    if its all part of god's plan that this guy should be pope, then why didn't he get 100% of the votes on the first ballot?
    Because god was too busy answering the prayers from overpaid, narcissistic athletes/celebrities and his flock of sheep. It takes real effort to reply "I don't give a crap" a billion times a day.
    A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her. -- Oscar Wilde

Les yeux sans visage. -- Billy Idol

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. -- Robin Williams

I am surprised the job didn't go to Tom Flanagan. He demonstrated the appropriate pope-ly qualifications, as required by the Catholic CHurch hierarchy...

As a catholic and a guy who just watched a documentary on pedophile priests.

Who gives a fuck and why would you.
    By the letter of the law as I understand it,
    anyone who suspect child sexual abuse and does not report it or protects the accused, is a criminal.

That puts a lot of priests in jail, even the out going pope an arguement good be made,

Its intersting that we are involved in this, and its not perfect, but were trying to make it work for the benifit for all concerned,

But the priests and bishops etc seem to walk on water when it comes to priest mis conduct.

like I said who gives a fuck and if you do are you nuts.

New CEO of catholics

Quote Originally Posted by sevenofnine View Post
    As a catholic and a guy who just watched a documentary on pedophile priests.
    And did it make you think twice about your faith?
    A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her. -- Oscar Wilde

God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. -- Robin Williams

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceGuy View Post
    Now, now. Separate issues. Does the self admitted election fraud of MP Penashue make you think twice about representative democracy? Criminality of the power elite in a system does not speak directly to the validity of the system. Only rational examination of the system itself can determine its validity.

So, with that in mind we'll rephrase the question. "sevenofnine, have you spent even a nanosecond of time in rational examination of the core dogma of your faith?"

Better, yes?
    So eloquently put...

Quote Originally Posted by sevenofnine View Post
    As a catholic .
    So you are a catholic Jasper....so why oh why do you wear condoms when you have sex
    with an SP....as a devout catholic it is your duty to try and conceive a child every time you have sex.
    I guess you dont want to try an explain a brood of bastard children born from SP's to your wife
    who has had your children and has no idea you see SP's.

As for the election of the new pope...I could care less...organized religion is a bigger sham than
    the climate change movement.

SR

A devot catholic,
    that is funny, are they allowed to pay for sex.

And I lost any faith I had in anything,
    when my father beat my mother
    and she showed me her bruises and said I was just like him,
    then we all went to church on sunday morning.

i actually hope i go to hell to be perfectly blunt.

because as i understand catholism and christianty, all you have do to is ask for forgiveness and your soul shall be healed.
    my father before he died went to confession and asked for his forgiveness.

so i would prefer hell actually.

Quote Originally Posted by Fakenham View Post
    Better still, why didnt he win last time when he came second?

I did think it was funny watching reaction and commentry on TV though, all the faithfull all but swooning and going on about how wonderfull it was that he took the name Francis, when in fact 10 seconds before they had never heard of the guy, lol.

note re: catholics and condoms:
    its OK to wear a condom to prevent the spread of disease;
    its NOT OK to wear a condom to prevent conception.

note to 7/9:
    if your desire is to go to hell, why not try atheism/rationality/reason? read books, watch movies, whatever. avoid churches. banish this devout catholicism from your mind.

if catholic dogma turns out to be true, you'll go to hell - FOR SURE. if not, perhaps you don't need to worry about it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast