Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 27

Thread: ""China and its economy is in deep shit. It has crashed." ?

  1. #1
    girls just wanna have fu
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    your GF's panties
    Posts
    4,200

    ""China and its economy is in deep shit. It has crashed." ?

    "China and its economy is in deep shit. It has crashed. Its lack of demand for products, and its need to keep its currency devalued is killing it. It's in a deep, deep slide. It also has 1.4 billion mouths to feed, being communist. It is looking around desperately for new territories with new resources. It could wind up in a war with Japan which couldn't be ignored by the West.

    Let's not forget that unlike the West and Japan and S. Korea, China's government owns the means of production. So the losses in industry are the government's losses. The government was running smoothly on industry's profits.

    It has crashed. Overall its industry is running at a loss and that's where it got its money. Its manufacturing output and its GDP are dropping like a rock.

    It too will need a bogeyman to justify itself to its people, who are now crowding into unemployment lines.

    The Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times" is upon them. It may be upon us."

    http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...ts-with-south/

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    "China and its economy is in deep shit. It has crashed. Its lack of demand for products, and its need to keep its currency devalued is killing it. It's in a deep, deep slide. It also has 1.4 billion mouths to feed, being communist. It is looking around desperately for new territories with new resources. It could wind up in a war with Japan which couldn't be ignored by the West.

    Let's not forget that unlike the West and Japan and S. Korea, China's government owns the means of production. So the losses in industry are the government's losses. The government was running smoothly on industry's profits.

    It has crashed. Overall its industry is running at a loss and that's where it got its money. Its manufacturing output and its GDP are dropping like a rock.

    It too will need a bogeyman to justify itself to its people, who are now crowding into unemployment lines.

    The Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times" is upon them. It may be upon us."

    http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...ts-with-south/

    This is idiotic bullshit. Just open your eyes, it is so evident in front of you it hasn't or otherwise you'd see clear evidence in so many many ways.

  3. #3
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    vancouver
    Posts
    1,012
    The author of that article has no idea how to interpret financial data.

    China's economy isn't any where close to crashing. The growth rate isn't as high as it was 3 or 4 years ago, but that also is partially because the government is trying to get inflation under control.
    If the economy continues to grow at 10%/year, the cost of most items will end up being out of reach for a significant portion of the population, so they try and reduce the growth rate for the rest of the country to be able to buy things like houses, consumer commodities, etc.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJohn View Post
    It's all okay they'd just recall their loans to the west and bankrupt us completely. China still wins.
    The "loans" are in the form of bonds, which can't be called in. Damaging the western economies would just ensure that they would lose most of their investment, not to mention most of their markets.

  5. #5
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2003
    Location
    nw
    Posts
    828
    The OP is certifiable, as a nut, that or he/she's a journalist for the Globe and Mail - they sound very similar.
    hotjac

  6. #6
    China is in deep shit.
    Or in deep eco shit.
    I read somewhere about whole towns dieing of cancer.
    And the air quality is so bad.

    I think they have a lot of challenges ahead.

  7. #7
    Well Lenny you better buy a plane ticket over there just imagine the discounts on what bbfs must cost now.

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by sevenofnine View Post
    China is in deep shit.
    Or in deep eco shit.
    I read somewhere about whole towns dieing of cancer.
    And the air quality is so bad.

    I think they have a lot of challenges ahead.
    I know several Chinese who want to leave China to escape the air pollution.
    Sandstorms occur in already heavily polluted Beijing. What are folks breathing?

    Recently, 25% of China's rivers were found to be too toxic for human contact! Now, now, Ying... don't put your finger in that water.
    Yesterday I read of 900 dead pigs found in the Shanghai river, water that the city population depends on. Not my way of consuming pork.

  9. #9
    There was an article about a year ago (i think it was the huffington post, not 100% sure) that pretty much support what some posts have described. The article mentioned that in less than 15 years the Chinese are screwed; they will have to invade neighboring countries to get clean water and non-poisioned land for agriculture or their will be a mass exodus. Those who can't get out will probably try to overthrow the government.

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    Yesterday I read of 900 dead pigs found in the Shanghai river, water that the city population depends on. Not my way of consuming pork.
    The number now is 2813 and climbing daily.
    Of course, "The city government, citing monitoring authorities, said the drinking water quality has not been affected."
    Yikes! Just how bad was it to start with if it's not gettintg worse?

    Link to CBC news story..... http://news.ca.msn.com/world/thousan...-into-shanghai

  11. #11
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonny View Post
    I know several Chinese who want to leave China to escape the air pollution.
    Sandstorms occur in already heavily polluted Beijing. What are folks breathing?

    Recently, 25% of China's rivers were found to be too toxic for human contact! Now, now, Ying... don't put your finger in that water.
    Yesterday I read of 900 dead pigs found in the Shanghai river, water that the city population depends on. Not my way of consuming pork.
    That's what happens when you cram 1/7th of the Earth's population in one area....

  12. #12
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    *&^%
    Posts
    3,134
    Isnt the housing suppose to crash. Been saying it for years. I enjoy seeing those Ghost Cities pics. Must be a freaking scary place at night, also having an entire building to yourself must be cool for a bit. And think if you own a sportbike there the speeds you can achieve. I would think some of these ghost cities would have travel agents booking them as sights now.

  13. #13
    hard riding member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on yer ignore list
    Posts
    7,021
    this is VERY old news... every year in march beijing gets hit by dusty dry winds - it's the dry season. it's been that way for 10,000 years and will continue to do so

    the yangtze river drainage basin has over 400 million people living in it - mostly farmers, so of course a few pigs go missing every year when they fall in the drainage ditches. when the heavy rains hit in summer thousands of people disappear into the river (some years over 100,000 deaths due to flooding!)

    so don't get worked up over weak attempts at yellow journalism, pardners... those dudes have to fluff up the newscasts somehow when there's no new wars to report...
    believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you actually see - question EVERYTHING...

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by vancity_cowboy View Post
    the yangtze river drainage basin has over 400 million people living in it - mostly farmers, so of course a few pigs go missing every year when they fall in the drainage ditches
    These are pigs raised for slaughter. Pigs, besides being constantly fed, are shot with growth hormones and other drugs to make them gain weight very quickly.
    Of course, these drugs make them sick. If the pigs are not slaughtered before they are ill, they are useless for human consumption.
    If you have a several thousand pigs who are sick, they are killed to save money. And they require disposal. In China, the rivers are the toilets of the nation.

    Doesn't matter if bad stuff has been going on for years, decades, generations... it is still going on, and in greater intensity.
    Would you want to swim in that river, cowboy? Or drink water drawn from it?

    The Chinese population, particularly young folks, have more access to information than ever before.
    Even with a totalitarian government, the people show discontent about certain things, and especially the environment these days.

    If you want a European model of disasterous industrial environment with human illness and death, only look to Eastern Europe where the Soviets ran things for generations.

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by lenny View Post
    "China and its economy is in deep shit. It has crashed. Its lack of demand for products, and its need to keep its currency devalued is killing it. It's in a deep, deep slide. It also has 1.4 billion mouths to feed, being communist. It is looking around desperately for new territories with new resources. It could wind up in a war with Japan which couldn't be ignored by the West.

    Let's not forget that unlike the West and Japan and S. Korea, China's government owns the means of production. So the losses in industry are the government's losses. The government was running smoothly on industry's profits.

    It has crashed. Overall its industry is running at a loss and that's where it got its money. Its manufacturing output and its GDP are dropping like a rock.

    It too will need a bogeyman to justify itself to its people, who are now crowding into unemployment lines.

    The Chinese curse, "May you live in interesting times" is upon them. It may be upon us."

    http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/...ts-with-south/
    A post on an obscure forum (by somebody with a handle called "NeverSure" who is probably some dimwit) is your source, the Economist you aren't...
    A man can be happy with any woman as long as he does not love her. -- Oscar Wilde

    Les yeux sans visage. -- Billy Idol

    God gave men both a penis and a brain, but unfortunately not enough blood supply to run both at the same time. -- Robin Williams



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •