Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 16

Thread: Question about herpes

  1. #1

    Question about herpes

    As some of you know, I've caught a case of herpes around the beginning of the year.

    It has healed and there's no sign of the second infections so far, hopefully it stays that way forever

    I was just wondering if it's still spreadable? I think I've found the one but we've not had any physical contact, yet. I don't want it to be spread to her, so I'm asking this here before I make any moves.

    If, in any case the infection comes back and she finds out, how should I break it to her about it? Note that I'm now living in Asia so she might not be too open minded about it like Westerners.

    Many thanks for your help guys, have a great day!

  2. #2
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJohn View Post
    Old Eddie Murphy line comes to play. Herpes are like luggage. Herpes have this natural way of coming back again and again. You need medication to control the outbreaks. At the Very least do what gonzo said talk to the health nurse on here. First and foremost See a doctor.

    Use this link to help educate yourself a bit on the STI.
    http://www.cdc.gov/std/herpes
    The outbreak has been solved before, and I have the medications ready just in case it comes back.

    I'm just worried about being with the lady. I don't want anything spread to her, but I read that it could be spread so I was kind of looking for ways to prevent it from spreading. I've received mixed answers about having sex when there is no outbreak, so it's kind of hard for me to get a right answer.

    Note that I'm in Asia now, so clinics who advice you on these kind of situations are very hard to find.

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by Lost-In-Japan View Post
    Regardless of odds, outbreaks, etc… You need to inform anyone before having sex.
    It doesn’t matter how safe you feel or how safe your doctor told you that you are.
    Unless you can get two professional opinions that you have 0.00000% chance of infecting someone, you have to tell.

    Never make choices for someone else.
    It just about respecting the other person.
    I will let her know when the time is right.

    I was just wondering if it can be easily given to her during intercourse? What are the chances of it? Because I want to know how to explain it if she asks about the odds of being infected, etc.

  4. #4
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJohn View Post
    Uhm What??.. no no no.. Way before intercourse dude.

    This is not something after you've slid the condom on (you'd better be wearing a condom on your erect shaft from now on partner) and are 3 pumps into it doggy style that you bring up.. "Ohh ya baby you like it that way ya uhuh.. oh by the way I have herpes!".. WTF??.. Whats the next line.. hey baby why you so mad I Love You?...

    No you tell her long before your cock even gets hard in your pants. You allow her to make a rational decision about wanting to be with you or not.

    Fuck seriously I can't believe what I'm reading. You say you think this girl is the one but yet you disrespect her like that.. WTF man, come on.
    Not sure what your brain processed after reading what I wrote, but obviously I was talking about how I'll tell her before we are even at that stage, just when the time is right to tell her.

    I'm not that stupid and fucked up to go around fucking girls and spreading herpes.

    I'm talking about if she is okay with it. I just want to know what are the chances of her getting infected, because if I break the news to her she might ask and I want to know how to answer it.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by BadgerJohn View Post
    Sorry I misunderstood what you wrote.. When the time is right... I was just wondering if it can be easily given to her during intercourse?.

    I thought you meant giving her the info about you having herpes while in the middle of having sex. Oh ya by the way, baby.

    I now see you were just worried about passing her the herpes virus during intercourse. You wanted info Gotcha.. okay

    Sorry My fault, Being tired and reading shit on a cel phone justdon't do it..

    Ya talk to her, it doesn't matter if a doctor tells you no don't worry. If you have this disease. Be honest and open about it. Don't hide anything. Same shit if you had AIDS HIV, Whatever.. you have to inform your partner or future partner. Make sure she knows 100% then go from there protect yourself and her. #1
    Don't worry about it, everyone's got better days.

    I will tell her that's for sure, but what if she asks about the chances of being infected? I've read about it on a few websites and all of them have different answers, so I'm asking about it here. This is the closest thing I have for an answer, as it's not easy to find clinics around here.

    During my visit to the doctor in Canada, all the doctor said was not to have sex because I was still having symptoms. He did not explain about herpes properly.

  6. #6
    I think when you don't have an outbreak, the chances are really slim like i'd assume the same risks that bbbj's have at transferring any std to the partners.

    But if you have another outbreak (probably will in the near future just wouldn't be as bad as the first one), you should not have sex at all or touch eachother.

    I'm just guessing from what I have read over the years about it, so don't take my word for it. Do research and yes ask the health nurse. Good luck and I hope you abstain from any pooning from now on!!! Even with condoms you can pass it because it could be spread to your balls and bottom of penis shaft, and a female's vulva has a large coverage area that makes contact with the male's genital area even with condoms. Also genital herpes increases your risks for catching HIV because of open sores. I would suggest using female condoms if you two do decide to have sex, because there's more coverage for her from what I've read...but you're not supposed to use a male condom with the female condom otherwise it will break (I think I can't really remember, check on the health nurses's siggy there's a link to a std fact/info site and its on there).

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by edd View Post
    As some of you know, I've caught a case of herpes around the beginning of the year.

    It has healed and there's no sign of the second infections so far, hopefully it stays that way forever

    I was just wondering if it's still spreadable? I think I've found the one but we've not had any physical contact, yet. I don't want it to be spread to her, so I'm asking this here before I make any moves.

    If, in any case the infection comes back and she finds out, how should I break it to her about it? Note that I'm now living in Asia so she might not be too open minded about it like Westerners.

    Many thanks for your help guys, have a great day!

    Hi All

    I was answering some private messages on PERB and noticed eddís question in the lounge.

    Edd I can certainly give you some information about herpes.

    I know looking for herpes information on the web can be difficult. There is so much information some good and some not so good.

    The easiest time to pass herpes is when someone is having an outbreak as there is a lot of virus in the sores.

    When someone is not having an outbreak it is still possible to pass herpes but the risk is lower. This happens because every now and then the herpes virus travels along the nerve to the surface of the skin. This is called asymptomatic shedding because the person does not feel any symptoms but the virus is still on the skin and can be passed to another person. If you have genital herpes this means the skin that could have the herpes virus on it would cover the area of your body that a pair of boxer shorts would cover. If you have oral herpes (cold sores) it would be the area around the mouth. The amount of days this would happen out of the year really depends on the type of herpes (type 1 or type 2) and where it is.

    If someone has herpes there are three things you can do to reduce the chance of passing it to someone else.

    1) Donít have contact with the area when you are having an outbreak. This means from the time the area starts tingling to the time it is healed back to good skin. This doesnít mean you canít touch their body. If someone had genital herpes it is safe to touch other parts of their body e.g. hands, mouth, back etcÖ

    2) Using a condom will reduce the risk but it is not 100% because skin to skin contact can still take place to the areas not covered by the condom.

    3) Taking daily antiviral medication like Valtrex has shown to reduce the amount of outbreaks and asymptomatic shedding.

    Avoiding the genital area during outbreaks, using condoms and taking daily suppressive medication will really reduce the chance of passing herpes.

    To give you a rough idea of what are the chances of passing on herpes they have done studies on men who have genital herpes type 2 and their female partner who did not have herpes they found that the chance of passing herpes was about 10% per year (so if there was 10 woman in the study 1 woman would get herpes in that year). In these studies they just avoided sex during an outbreak and did not use condoms regularly or take the daily medication.

    Edd I think itís great that youíre looking for more information on herpes. I find that as someone gets more accurate information about herpes they and their partner feel much better. There is so much stigma around genital herpes that people are usually surprised that oral herpes (cold sores) and genital herpes act the same way and are basically the same thing.

    Probably the best herpes resource I have found on the internet is the herpes handbook from the Westover Heights Clinic. It has great information on herpes, transmission, medication, testing and how to talk with a partner about herpes.
    http://westoverheights.com/herpes_ha...revision_1.pdf

    We used to answer questions in the health information forum but since we opened our new website at www.smartsexresource.com we donít have enough time to do both. Feel free to come over to our new website you can ask public and private questions and live chat with a nurse.

    You can also find out more information on our herpes page
    http://smartsexresource.com/topics/h...genital-herpes


    HN
    www.smartsexresource.com

  8. #8
    Quote Originally Posted by Health Nurse View Post
    Hi All

    I was answering some private messages on PERB and noticed eddís question in the lounge.

    Edd I can certainly give you some information about herpes.

    I know looking for herpes information on the web can be difficult. There is so much information some good and some not so good.

    The easiest time to pass herpes is when someone is having an outbreak as there is a lot of virus in the sores.

    When someone is not having an outbreak it is still possible to pass herpes but the risk is lower. This happens because every now and then the herpes virus travels along the nerve to the surface of the skin. This is called asymptomatic shedding because the person does not feel any symptoms but the virus is still on the skin and can be passed to another person. If you have genital herpes this means the skin that could have the herpes virus on it would cover the area of your body that a pair of boxer shorts would cover. If you have oral herpes (cold sores) it would be the area around the mouth. The amount of days this would happen out of the year really depends on the type of herpes (type 1 or type 2) and where it is.

    If someone has herpes there are three things you can do to reduce the chance of passing it to someone else.

    1) Donít have contact with the area when you are having an outbreak. This means from the time the area starts tingling to the time it is healed back to good skin. This doesnít mean you canít touch their body. If someone had genital herpes it is safe to touch other parts of their body e.g. hands, mouth, back etcÖ

    2) Using a condom will reduce the risk but it is not 100% because skin to skin contact can still take place to the areas not covered by the condom.

    3) Taking daily antiviral medication like Valtrex has shown to reduce the amount of outbreaks and asymptomatic shedding.

    Avoiding the genital area during outbreaks, using condoms and taking daily suppressive medication will really reduce the chance of passing herpes.

    To give you a rough idea of what are the chances of passing on herpes they have done studies on men who have genital herpes type 2 and their female partner who did not have herpes they found that the chance of passing herpes was about 10% per year (so if there was 10 woman in the study 1 woman would get herpes in that year). In these studies they just avoided sex during an outbreak and did not use condoms regularly or take the daily medication.

    Edd I think itís great that youíre looking for more information on herpes. I find that as someone gets more accurate information about herpes they and their partner feel much better. There is so much stigma around genital herpes that people are usually surprised that oral herpes (cold sores) and genital herpes act the same way and are basically the same thing.

    Probably the best herpes resource I have found on the internet is the herpes handbook from the Westover Heights Clinic. It has great information on herpes, transmission, medication, testing and how to talk with a partner about herpes.
    http://westoverheights.com/herpes_ha...revision_1.pdf

    We used to answer questions in the health information forum but since we opened our new website at www.smartsexresource.com we donít have enough time to do both. Feel free to come over to our new website you can ask public and private questions and live chat with a nurse.

    You can also find out more information on our herpes page
    http://smartsexresource.com/topics/h...genital-herpes


    HN
    www.smartsexresource.com
    Do you know if there is a generic for Valtrex available in Canada?

  9. #9
    hard riding member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    on yer ignore list
    Posts
    7,021
    edd, depending on the situation you might consider having an interview with her at your doctor's office or some professional that is knowledgeable about such things
    believe nothing of what you hear, and only half of what you actually see - question EVERYTHING...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •