Thread: Itchy

Itchy

I saw an SP about two weeks ago. Also I got the swine flu shot last weekend. This week I have been itchy from time to time on my stomach, arms, hand, etc. I have no rash and in fact no other symptoms at all. Are there any STDs that this could be? Should I go to an STD clinic or should I just go see my regular doctor? I don't want to go to an STD clinic just to find out that its something else unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by JBills View Post
    I saw an SP about two weeks ago. Also I got the swine flu shot last weekend. This week I have been itchy from time to time on my stomach, arms, hand, etc. I have no rash and in fact no other symptoms at all. Are there any STDs that this could be? Should I go to an STD clinic or should I just go see my regular doctor? I don't want to go to an STD clinic just to find out that its something else unrelated.

Hi Jbills

It is difficult to diagnose conditions over the internet as we would need to do an exam as well as run some tests. What I can do is give you a few suggestions.

You have said that you have general itchiness over different parts of your body with no other symptoms. The symptoms you describe do not sound like a sexually transmitted infection (STI). There can be many different things that can cause your skin to be itchy.

I would just suggest visiting your regular doctor if you feel ok about talking to your doctor about your sexual history. Remember they need to keep this information confidential.

If you are uncomfortable about talking to your doctor about your sexual history I would just suggest that you come to an STI clinic first and then visit your doctor later.

If you have additional information that you would like to discuss but do not want to share it on a public board just send me a PM.

HN
    www.healthnurse.wordpress.com
    www.stiresource.com