Military May Patrol Bar Zone In Canadian City

LightBearer

Banned
Nov 11, 2008
Paul Joseph Watson
Prison Planet.com
Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Authorities in Barrie, Ontario are considering a proposal to allow troops to patrol bar areas on weekends in a supposed attempt to prevent rowdiness, another example of the militarization of law enforcement and the public being conditioned to accept martial law.

“City police and Camp Borden officers are discussing using joint street patrols to help keep the peace in Barrie’s busy entertainment district on peak weekends,” reports the Toronto Star, as part of a move to “cement the base’s partnership with Barrie police” (police and military merging into one enforcement unit).

“Teaming up with military police to patrol the bar zone is a concept “we wouldn’t have any real problems with,” Barrie chief Wayne Frechette said in an interview. “Would extra bodies help us? Sure.”

The proposal is supposedly aimed at tackling the rowdy behavior of off duty soldiers from the nearby army base, despite Barrie chief Wayne Frechette admitting that the troops “don’t pose a big problem in Barrie bars and restaurants”.

In addition, Joshua Abel, a Barrie bartender told the Star that he had not heard any reports of military personnel starting trouble.

The troop patrols are purportedly only aimed at “their own personnel and not civilians in Barrie,” but since military personnel attending the bars will be in plain clothes, who is to know the difference?

Authorities say that the “sight of military police on foot patrol might help curb rowdyism,” but since all parties agree that there is little rowdyism anyway, what is the real purpose behind the move?

In case the authorities in Barrie are not to up on their history, here’s a reminder - troops patrolling the streets engaging in law enforcement duties in peace time is a scene more commonly associated with third world dictatorships, not with developed western free societies.
http://www.infowars.com/military-may-patrol-bar-zone-in-canadian-city/

myselftheother

rubatugtug
Dec 2, 2004
vancouver
You must realize where this story is coming from, who posted it, why they posted it, the source of the article and the agenda of the person who wrote the article...is this based on a realistic outcome or is LB fear mongering along with the people from the site he got this from?

And, will he ever find out who Batman really is?

uncleg

Jul 25, 2006
Gee, LB where were you when the American Military were conducting patrols on the streets of Vancouver with the VPD ? :eek:

LightBearer

Banned
Nov 11, 2008
You must realize where this story is coming from, who posted it, why they posted it, the source of the article and the agenda of the person who wrote the article...is this based on a realistic outcome or is LB fear mongering along with the people from the site he got this from?

And, will he ever find out who Batman really is?
the source is the Toronto star. The depth of your ignorance knows no bounds.

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/596161

myselftheother

rubatugtug
Dec 2, 2004
vancouver
the source is the Toronto star. The depth of your ignorance knows no bounds.

http://www.thestar.com/News/Ontario/article/596161
No, you're wrong. I have a job and I really don't have time to sit all day and troll "news" sites looking for the boogeyman. Ignorance is not bliss, but screaming that the sky is blue all day and believing you're better than the rest of us who you again believe we can't see it when we really do as well is arrogance unbound.

LightBearer

Banned
Nov 11, 2008
No, you're wrong. I have a job and I really don't have time to sit all day and troll "news" sites looking for the boogeyman. Ignorance is not bliss, but screaming that the sky is blue all day and believing you're better than the rest of us who you again believe we can't see it when we really do as well is arrogance unbound.
No need to be upset right after you realized my post is from a credible source.

Pantherdash

Panther
Apr 2, 2007
Downtown Vancouver
Lightbearer is right and so is the article.

There has been a shift in law enforcement in Canada since the mid 1990s to make it more like paramilitary organizations. Read an excellent 2006 book by Todd Gordon called, "Cops, Crime and Capitalism: The Law and Order Agenda in Canada."

He writes that since about 1995, after the Oka standoff in the summer of 1990 and the 1995 Gustafson Lake standoff, the RCMP had purchased about 8 fully armed tanks, along with a full arsenal of weapons including high powered machine guns. Muni police forces like the VPD changed their uniforms to black around 2000 along with cargo pants and bullet proof vests. Side arms went from .32 revolvers to more powerful Barettas or the Austrian made Glock .40 calibre. Tasers were introduced to patrol officers in 2002. Ironic that at a time when these police forces were embracing the trendy concept of Community Policing, that their appearance shifted to one that was much more militaristic and unapproachable. The muni forces also have a full arsenal of machine guns and other tactical weapons ready at their disposal in addition to the ERT, the Emergency Response Team.

Information technology has vastly improved over the course of about 10 years. CPIC, the Canadian Police Information Centre is still the standard database for information on known and wanted criminals, stolen vehicles and property, etc., and is managed by the RCMP in Ottawa. Since about 2000, new programs have been created and managed locally such as PRIME and DISC in Vancouver and other cities. DISC, Deter and Identify Sex Consumers was developed in Vancouver by two vice detectives as an information centre on known johns and child molesters. It is managed by the individual police departments who choose to implement it and the information is networked throughout the various police forces. Info is entered at the discretion of the officer should a need arise. The intelligence is accessed only by police and some civilian staff. So someone's name can be arbitrarily stored in the system who has not committed any crimes. Other databases the police have access to also have such intelligence that is arbitrarily entered in such categories as "Persons of Interest." Access to such files through freedom of information usually returns with those sections blanked out and "restricted-under investigation." This could be your own information that you don't have access to, unless you know a cop and he's willing to put his reputation on the line for you. I'm all for intelligence on wanted or known criminals and their associates but on innocent citizens? it's a bit much.

Don't fool yourselves, that little by little the government is coercing its citizens into a democratic police state, if such a thing can possibly exist.

Shit, for once I agree with Lightbearer!:p :confused:

Panther

Last edited:

LightBearer

Banned
Nov 11, 2008
Lightbearer is right and so is the article.

There has been a shift in law enforcement in Canada since the mid 1990s to make it more like paramilitary organizations. Read an excellent 2006 book by Todd Gordon called, "Cops, Crime and Capitalism: The Law and Order Agenda in Canada."

He writes that since about 1995, after the Oka standoff in the summer of 1990 and the 1995 Gustafson Lake standoff, the RCMP had purchased about 8 fully armed tanks, along with a full arsenal of weapons including high powered machine guns. Muni police forces like the VPD changed their uniforms to black around 2000 along with cargo pants and bullet proof vests. Side arms went from .32 revolvers to more powerful Barettas or the Austrian made Glock .40 calibre. Tasers were introduced to patrol officers in 2002. Ironic that at a time when these police forces were embracing the trendy concept of Community Policing, that their appearance shifted to one that was much more militaristic and unapproachable. The muni forces also have a full arsenal of machine guns and other tactical weapons ready at their disposal in addition to the ERT, the Emergency Response Team.

Information technology has vastly improved over the course of about 10 years. CPIC, the Canadian Police Information Centre is still the standard database for information on known and wanted criminals, stolen vehicles and property, etc., and is managed by the RCMP in Ottawa. Since about 2000, new programs have been created and managed locally such as PRIME and DISC in Vancouver and other cities. DISC, Deter and Identify Sex Consumers was developed in Vancouver by two vice detectives as an information centre on known johns and child molesters. It is managed by the individual police departments who choose to implement it and the information is networked throughout the various police forces. Info is entered at the discretion of the officer should a need arise. The intelligence is accessed only by police and some civilian staff. So someone's name can be arbitrarily stored in the system who has not committed any crimes. Other databases the police have access to also have such intelligence that is arbitrarily entered in such categories as "Persons of Interest." Access to such files through freedom of information usually returns with those sections blanked out and "restricted-under investigation." This could be your own information that you don't have access to, unless you know a cop and he's willing to put his reputation on the line for you. I'm all for intelligence on wanted or known criminals and their associates but on innocent citizens? it's a bit much.

Don't fool yourselves, that little by little the government is coercing its citizens into a democratic police state, if such a thing can possibly exist.

Shit, for once I agree with Lightbearer!:p :confused:

Panther
What? You feeling ok Panther???

Shakerod

May 7, 2008
Most people have jobs, and lead busy lives. It all comes down to their priorities. If you don't see it as a priority to find out what is really happening in the world...DO NOT cut people down that do. Thank god there are people like LightBearer in the world following these very important issues. Next time you want to watch an episode of CSI, instead go to a real life version of CSI, AND google the Assassination of JFK Jr., and ask: Why has there not been an investigation? I hate to keep repeating myself, but the internet is a great source of information that does not take up that much time.

wess

Jan 5, 2009
Is it just me, or are Guns/arms popping up more & more in Canada for dealing with the Public? I don't like the concept of the military state...but yet I always keep my eyes glued to Transit Police & their Guns....freaky:cool:
The more the better. There is more home invasions in Canada because chances are the owner of the house has no gun or the legal means of using it.

In the US the owner of the house probably has a gun and has every rite to shoot and kill anyone that is breaking into their house.

Pantherdash

Panther
Apr 2, 2007
Downtown Vancouver
What? You feeling ok Panther???
What the fuck did I just write?!?!?:D

Yeah, great book. It mostly has to do with the homeless situation in provinces like BC and Alberta and what the police do to coerce these people to work meager jobs that pay shit by majorly profiting multinational corporations who seek employees with no prospects and little education with lowered expectations. This also applies to new immigrants. Laws are arbitrarily passed by provincial governments that receive little if any criticism for their fairness. Fines are handed out to pan-handlers and squeegee kids which are never paid and subsequently, they are arrested and receive a criminal record, thereby making it difficult to get a job that is sustaining and/or enjoyable, yet make humongous profits for these companies. Walmart is one such corporation that works very closely with governments at various levels to ensure this plot works. Neoliberalism at its finest!:p

This whole system came about under Jean Chretien's government from 1993 to 2004, but Brian Mulroney, working with Thatcher and Reagan, planted the seeds.

Panther

wess

Jan 5, 2009
What the fuck did I just write?!?!?:D

Yeah, great book. It mostly has to do with the homeless situation in provinces like BC and Alberta and what the police do to coerce these people to work meager jobs that pay shit by majorly profiting multinational corporations who seek employees with no prospects and little education with lowered expectations. This also applies to new immigrants. Laws are arbitrarily passed by provincial governments that receive little if any criticism for their fairness. Fines are handed out to pan-handlers and squeegee kids which are never paid and subsequently, they are arrested and receive a criminal record, thereby making it difficult to get a job that is sustaining and/or enjoyable, yet make humongous profits for these companies. Walmart is one such corporation that works very closely with governments at various levels to ensure this plot works. Neoliberalism at its finest!:p

This whole system came about under Jean Chretien's government from 1993 to 2004, but Brian Mulroney, working with Thatcher and Reagan, planted the seeds.

Panther
This whole system has resulting in taking more people out of poverty around the world then anyone thought possible.

Pantherdash

Panther
Apr 2, 2007
Downtown Vancouver
This whole system has resulting in taking more people out of poverty around the world then anyone thought possible.
That may be the pot of gold at the end of the rainbow, but its deceptive nature is out of character with what we typically associate Canada with. Gordon also touches on this idealistic image of Canada that is no longer. Good point you brought up though, Wess!:) The homeless can't always stay homeless and if there is any alternative they should take advantage of it. However, the point is that they are being exploited by companies who are taking advantage of them, hiring them for much less money than they are able to afford and the worst part, is that they are systematizing this.

Panther

myselftheother

rubatugtug
Dec 2, 2004
vancouver
Most people have jobs, and lead busy lives. It all comes down to their priorities. If you don't see it as a priority to find out what is really happening in the world...DO NOT cut people down that do. Thank god there are people like LightBearer in the world following these very important issues. Next time you want to watch an episode of CSI, instead go to a real life version of CSI, AND google the Assassination of JFK Jr., and ask: Why has there not been an investigation? I hate to keep repeating myself, but the internet is a great source of information that does not take up that much time.
You got to be kidding me. Priorities are priorities and if you actually read this thread what I was referring to in LB's post was his rebuttal to my post. It was my reaction to LB's relentless posting on subjects that to me have been obvious since I was old enough to realize that things in this world are not what they seem. It was getting to be a hobby to shoot down what he posts...but on several occasions he has had a method in his madness.

It is a priority of mine to be informed about what is really going on, the JFK murder investigation being a total sham for example as you mentioned. The Vatican, the Illuminati, Knights Templar etc, so what?

I re-read what was posted about the militarizing of the police forces in Canada and I found it disturbing. Very much so. How long will the attitude of the common person in society that is ' as long as I stay out of trouble" no longer suffice? Maybe the chicken little's of the world....or of Perb....have a valid point. Time to wake up and get your face outa the trough.

Shakerod...I get what you're trying to point out. But I don't watch TV. don't need to go to a real CSI and google the JFk assassination....couldn't anyhow at a real CSI, the internet connection just doesn't work and the cops get a little funny when you walk in on one of their investigations....But I think I get what you're trying to say.

I agree with this OP. I don't believe everything I read....from anybody.

badguard69

Jul 28, 2008
Military Police

Ok, to dispell all the conspiracy theorists. In many bases across Canada and the US, the Military Police have worked with the local PD to patrol the bar area. In Wainwright, it's such a small town with an obviously small RCMP Detachment, so on the weekends when a 1000 or so troops decend on the town, the MP's are downtown to help. They only deal with the military guys. If some army guys get drunk and fight, the Mounties will hand them over to the MP's who will take the troops back to cells. They pay the piper first thing Monday morning. The article makes it sound like there will be whole platoons of combat-ready troops patrolling. More leftist propaganda.

Shakerod

May 7, 2008
You got to be kidding me. Priorities are priorities and if you actually read this thread what I was referring to in LB's post was his rebuttal to my post. It was my reaction to LB's relentless posting on subjects that to me have been obvious since I was old enough to realize that things in this world are not what they seem. It was getting to be a hobby to shoot down what he posts...but on several occasions he has had a method in his madness.

It is a priority of mine to be informed about what is really going on, the JFK murder investigation being a total sham for example as you mentioned. The Vatican, the Illuminati, Knights Templar etc, so what?

I re-read what was posted about the militarizing of the police forces in Canada and I found it disturbing. Very much so. How long will the attitude of the common person in society that is ' as long as I stay out of trouble" no longer suffice? Maybe the chicken little's of the world....or of Perb....have a valid point. Time to wake up and get your face outa the trough.

Shakerod...I get what you're trying to point out. But I don't watch TV. don't need to go to a real CSI and google the JFk assassination....couldn't anyhow at a real CSI, the internet connection just doesn't work and the cops get a little funny when you walk in on one of their investigations....But I think I get what you're trying to say.

I agree with this OP. I don't believe everything I read....from anybody.
OK, good to hear, I think we are on the same page. Oh by the way, I was not referring to President Kennedy's murder, I was talking about the murder of his son in the plane crash. I think that's what you meant, but I wanted to make it clear. Google 'Assassination of JFK Jr.' it is a 1 hour and 40 minute documentary that systematically shows how he was murdered, but also talks about how his father was murdered as well.

myselftheother

rubatugtug
Dec 2, 2004
vancouver
OK, good to hear, I think we are on the same page. Oh by the way, I was not referring to President Kennedy's murder, I was talking about the murder of his son in the plane crash. I think that's what you meant, but I wanted to make it clear. Google 'Assassination of JFK Jr.' it is a 1 hour and 40 minute documentary that systematically shows how he was murdered, but also talks about how his father was murdered as well.
Sorry, didn't see the 'Jr' after JFK...I always thought that was a little weird how an experienced pilot with thousands of flight hours just happened to pass out and be dead in seconds. Was it that he was getting not just popular with the 'Pop' culture but getting politically geared up. Interesting.

Shakerod

May 7, 2008
Sorry, didn't see the 'Jr' after JFK...I always thought that was a little weird how an experienced pilot with thousands of flight hours just happened to pass out and be dead in seconds. Was it that he was getting not just popular with the 'Pop' culture but getting politically geared up. Interesting.
He wrote a few dangerous articles in GEORGE magazine (the one that he owned) that pissed some people off, plus he was seeking the nomination for the Democrats in the 2000 election, and was talking about going after the people who killed his father. That's enough reason right there. But, watch the video, it is very instructive.

Vancouver Escorts